Third Factor is seeking a Practice Lead for our Coaching and Leadership practice. In this role, you will own the overall success of Third Factor’s biggest practice area and help bring the principals of effective coaching to thousands of leaders globally.
ABOUT THIRD FACTOR
Founded in 1991, Third Factor is a leadership development firm that helps our clients perform, lead and collaborate under pressure. We study the science of performance across elite sport, business, government, academia and philanthropy to design and deliver speeches, workshops and learning journeys in-person and online. We have supported over 100 Olympic and Paralympic athletes to podium performances, have partnerships with the Queen’s Smith School of Business and UNC Executive Development in Chapel Hill, and work with both blue chip companies and disruptors.
WHAT WE OFFER
Third Factor is a unique organization. We are a team of corporate veterans, consultants, learning professionals, elite athletes, and coaches. We all worked from home before it was cool – since 1991 actually – while building a strong sense of team through shared projects, monthly ‘work together’ days, and regular opportunities to connect socially and professionally. Working at Third Factor delivers:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (health + dental)
- Flexible work location and a high degree of autonomy
- Coaching and mentoring from top performers
- Exceptional colleagues (check out our incredible team here)
THE PRACTICE LEAD ROLE
Third Factor has been teaching coaching skills to managers for 30 years, since our Founders Peter Jensen and Sandra Stark pioneered the application of the principals they were observing in their work with Olympic coaches to the corporate world. Rooted in our best-in-class 3×4 Coaching model, Third Factor’s suite of coaching programs have helped tens of thousands of leaders become better coaches.
As leader of the Coaching & Leadership practice, you will be responsible for overseeing the success of our firm’s largest practice area. You’ll ensure our thought leadership remains at the leading edge of the industry, and work with our sales team to drive growth. Specifically, you will:
- Oversee, design, and shape our set of product offers – speeches, workshops, webinars, virtual learning journeys, asynchronous video, and more – to ensure they are expertly curated and designed to meet the needs of our clients.
- Work with our incredible facilitation team to ensure they are armed and ready to deliver to rave reviews.
- Deliver approximately 20-30 days of workshops / seminars per year to ensure that you are well connected to our learners and their experience as you guide the overall growth of the practice.
- Support our sales team in growing revenue – joining sales calls as a subject-matter expert (SME), and working with marketing to create compelling sales collateral.
You’ll report into our CEO, Dane Jensen, and have a unique chance to work along-side and learn from legendary coaches including our CLO Peggy Baumgartner, who currently oversees the Coaching practice, our Founder Dr. Peter Jensen, one of the pioneers of coaching the workplace, and many of the elite coaches we work with in sport. The successful candidate will be passionate about coaching as a leadership style, know a lot and be willing to learn.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
Your success at Third Factor will be determined first and foremost by your attitude – and that’s what we look for in hiring. Show us that you are smart, organized, and motivated. We work with some of the most committed people on Earth – Olympic athletes and top Executives – and have a high bar in everything we do. If you’re going to enjoy this job, you need to have a high bar too.
Beyond attitude, the successful candidate should have:
- Drive – your ambition and passion will drive the growth of our biggest practice area
- Deep expertise in leadership development with a focus on coaching as a leadership style – what is happening in this space, who is creating compelling offers, what research is underway, and what will delight clients
- Experience designing adult learning and materials that engage audiences, teach to intelligence, and are incredibly practical
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills – both virtually and in-person
- A desire to be a team player – working with sales as an SME on client calls and bringing trainers up to speed on new content and working with Operations to ensure our offers run smoothly
- Curiosity about emerging trends, technologies, learner engagement
- A professional, productive space at home with strong internet that will allow you to deliver virtually
- High standards – our culture prioritizes excellence over ‘get it done quick’ and believes in extensive feedback
- A nice personality – strict no ass-hole rule in place
You will predominantly work from your home office so having a dedicated space to work and take Zoom calls without interruption is vital. A few notes:
- Client travel – You should expect to travel to client sites across North America to deliver client workshops, seminars, etc. on a semi-regular basis. Easy access to an International Airport will be vital.
- Internal travel – We come together to work as a team 2x per quarter in Toronto to deepen relationships, share experiences and work on strategic projects.
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- A 3-5 minute face-to-camera video of you talking about coaching – this could include things like:
- What a ‘coaching style of leadership’ means to you
- Experiences you’ve had with great and not-so-great coaching – and what you’ve learned
- The role of coaching in business and how it is evolving
- Your coaching philosophy
- Written answers to the following questions:
- Describe your process for designing & developing your last workshop or program. In particular, do you have a specific approach, methodology or philosophy that you use?
- What support would you want to ensure you had to be successful in this role?
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 3rd, 2023.
We will only review complete applications (i.e. those with a resume, video, and answers to the two questions) received by February 3rd.